Bringing Possibilities to Life – An Older Brother’s Guide to Esports Success

In the vibrant realm of esports, South African siblings Ridhaa and Zaid April are forging impressive paths. At just 14, Ridhaa is already making waves in competitive gaming, while his older brother Zaid proudly represents South Africa on the international stage. Their journey highlights the power of family support and shared passion in achieving esports success.

Ridhaa recently had an insightful conversation with his older brother, seeking guidance and mentorship. Their story exemplifies how sibling collaboration can propel gamers to new heights in the competitive arena.

 

A Shared Passion for Gaming

Zaid’s esports journey began with a love for FIFA. “Playing weekend leagues was a ritual for me,” he reflects. The COVID-19 pandemic turned into a pivotal moment for him. “I entered several tournaments and qualified for South Africa’s biggest event, Telkom VS Gaming eDiski. That’s when I realized I could turn my passion into a career,” Zaid recalls.

 

For Ridhaa, gaming has always been a significant part of his life and family dynamics. “We each have our game preferences and a competitive streak,” Ridhaa shares. “The drive to win, especially against Zaid, fuels my passion. I know it takes hard work and focus to avoid mistakes that can cost me the game. I’m always striving to improve.”

 

Facing Challenges

Success was hard-won and came with its fair share of challenges. Zaid relives the challenges he faced in his first competitive year, “I doubted myself. Practice is essential. Improving your gameplay requires consistent daily effort,” he advises Ridhaa.

 

Ridhaa echoes this sentiment, “Competing in esports isn’t just about playing; it’s about constant improvement and unwavering focus. One minor mistake can have a significant impact, so every detail matters.”

 

Proudest Achievements

Representing South Africa at an esports World Cup and winning the SAFA Cup are among Zaid’s proudest achievements. “Being a Telkom VS Gaming eDiski Champion is a significant achievement for me. The platform they offer is unmatched,” Zaid says. Ridhaa remains inspired by these milestones and his brother’s success motivates him to push harder because his achievements show what’s possible with dedication and support.

 

Staying Motivated

Motivation is crucial in esports. Zaid views each loss as a learning opportunity. “Record your games, watch them, and learn. Having a supportive family is crucial too,” he advises.

 

“Sometimes, I need a break from the competitiveness of EAFC. F1 racing helps me focus and improve my reaction times, which benefits my gameplay in EAFC. It’s all about staying sharp and improving constantly,” Ridhaa added.

 

A Brother’s Legacy

Ridhaa, inspired by his older brother, has quickly carved out his niche in esports. “People now see me as Ridhaa, not just Zaid’s brother,” he notes proudly. Ridhaa’s early achievements are particularly impressive. “At 14, I’m already competing at a high level, which is something Zaid didn’t do at my age. It’s a big step forward for me.”

 

The Role of Telkom VS Gaming

Telkom VS Gaming has played a crucial role in both their journeys. However, Zaid noted that competing in the biggest national tournament has been both emotional and challenging adding that it has greatly contributed to his growth and exposure. Ridhaa agrees, noting, “Telkom VS Gaming has given us both amazing opportunities. It’s where I’ve learned and grown the most.”

 

Future Goals and Ambitions

Looking forward, Zaid aims to compete at the highest level in esports, “I want to qualify and win a World Cup and see more 2v2 tournaments. Sharing my experiences with younger players, like my brother, is also a goal,” he says.

 

When reflecting on his aspirations, Ridhaa mentioned “In five years, I see myself competing at the highest level in esports, playing in major tournaments, and streaming to a large audience. I want to help grow esports in high schools throughout South Africa. After finishing 5th in the Telkom VS Gaming eDiski this year, I’m confident that winning the title is within reach”.

 

Overcoming Challenges

Zaid continues to face challenges, including maintaining peak performance and managing pressure. “Balancing thoughts, expectations, and criticism is tough but necessary,” he admits. Ridhaa adds, “It’s all part of the journey. Facing these challenges makes us stronger and better players.”

 

Telkom VS Gaming: Making Dreams Possible

Telkom VS Gaming is instrumental in the success of rising esports stars like Ridhaa and Zaid. By offering high-stakes competition and valuable exposure, Telkom VS Gaming demonstrates that with dedication, hard work, and the right support, dreams can become reality. Ridhaa and Zaid’s story highlights the importance of support, passion, and opportunity in achieving esports greatness. With platforms like Telkom VS Gaming, young talents have the chance to shine and inspire the next generation of esports champions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connectivity demystified: Why it’s important to understanding the “language” of connectivity

Empowering Business Connectivity and Innovation: Insights from HPE and Tarsus Leadership

Hewlett Packard Enterprise announces President Ntuli as Managing Director for South Africa